The present church was built in 1730, on the same site where there were at least two other temples before. The first of these was destroyed by fire in 1459. In turn, the church that was built in its place was badly damaged during the War of Succession, so, shortly after the end of the war, it was rebuilt again. Its liturgical furnishings were destroyed during the last civil war.
It is a building of large dimensions, made of masonry and stonework, with a rectangular floor plan, three naves and a straight chancel with sacristies on the sides. The tower juts out at the foot of the building, attached to the Gospel side. The facade, of classicist character, is very flat and sober. The façade has a molded semicircular arch, flanked by two large pilasters that support an entablature crowned by a small niche between plain pilasters. The wrought iron door knockers stand out, representing St. Christopher with the child and St. Barbara with the tower and the palm of martyrdom.