It is a large complex consisting of a washhouse and a fountain with a trough, all covered by a one-slope roof and closed on three sides, the open part being supported by an old column of stone blocks and two brick pillars resulting from some restoration.
The water flows into the fountain and falls into the water trough, the surplus of which flows into one of the pools of the washhouse and from the first to the second, connected by a small channel. It then drains through a bank that is currently channeled and locked with a key.
It is very curious because it is the only one we have found in Maestrazgo where there is a record of who ordered the construction of the washhouse and which mason built it. In fact, there are two plaques, side by side, that attest to this. The first, which must be the date of construction and is simpler, reads:
“Año de 1903 El alcalde Juan Buj Paletas José y (¿Marín?)” [“Year 1903 Mayor Juan Buj PAletas José y (Marín?)”]
And another next to it that reads:
“Cubriose esta fuente el año 1921 siendo el alcalde Juan Millán y el albañil Gaspar Vicente” [“This fountain was covered in 1921 when the mayor was Juan Millán and the mason was Gaspar Vicente”]
This indicates that the washhouse was built at the beginning of the 20th century and eighteen years later, it was roofed.
There are still women neighbors who go to these laundries to wash their clothes there.
In the neighborhood of La Villa, in the old part of the village, there is also a small washhouse in a street that goes out in front of the town hall towards the ravine. It is small and consists of two pools. The water reaches them from a fountain in front and channeled under the street. From one pool to the other it passes through a small ravine, and through another ravine it pours the surplus directly into the ravine. In this case there are no slabs to wash on, but rather a brick ridge. The date of construction of this washhouse is unknown, but it ceased to be used in 1968.
Recently restored, it preserves the complete vault and the entire well where the snow was stored.
Single-story building, very elongated rectangular shape, with semicircular arch of ashlar masonry and square window, also with ashlar masonry. It is preserved in good condition.