The school of the Masovera district of San Juan del Barranco in Cantavieja was created on August 14, 1918. This school, which had its own building and a teacher’s house, is an example of how in some farmhouses there were schools as well equipped as those in the village. It was attended by children from the Albaredas, a neighborhood near the Casas del Barranco, belonging to Portell, and therefore Valencian.
In 2015 it was moved to this room, which was the home of the bell ringer of Cantavieja, to ensure its conservation. Among the most valuable elements we highlight the slate with the Ministry’s seal, the flag before the civil war, with which the tree festival was celebrated, and the clock, so important to know when to go out for recreation.