Probably was refurbished after a lightning strike in 1648 (as can be deduced from the inscription on an ashlar on its façade), decorating its inside with stucco and sgraffito representing birds, scrolls, grotesques, etc. with a style very similar to the one that we can see in the hermitage of Los Pueyosalso from Las Cuevas de Cañart.
It has been recently restored and today houses an interpretation center and information point. Of the first building, probably of medieval origin, only the wall where the present door is located remains.
More information: Maestrazgo Virtual Museum