Located in the Plaza Mayor, it is attached to the parish church of La Purificación. It is a sixteenth-century building that fits the typology of the Teruel town hall of the time. It was probably originally used as a dwelling for the Prior of San Juan. Later, around 1588, the necessary reforms were made to adapt it as a town hall. Among them, the fish market was opened on the first floor of the building, of worse workmanship than the rest of the construction. In 1798 a sundial and a coat of arms with the “victor” and the archbishop’s headdress were painted on the upper part of the façade, as in Valderrobres and Calanda.
This rectangular building has on the first floor the space of the commodities exchange with triple access in semicircular arch, to which opened the access to the butcher’s shop and the jail, the latter very well preserved, with guardhouse and several cells and dungeons.
On the upper floor there are four windows with molded and carved stone sills, which give light to the large municipal hall. The window on the left side was enlarged to place an overhanging stone balcony, and this, in this case, illuminates the secretary’s room.
The facade is topped with a wooden overhanging eave supported by a double line of corbels, carved with vegetal decoration.