There are two washing places in Fortanete. An older one, located in the area of the orchards, known as the Fonmayor washhouse. This washhouse is not dated, but from the type of construction it seems to be quite old. It is covered with a single-pitched roof and closed on three sides.
The women liked to wash there in winter because the water was a little warmer. It was restored a few years ago
On the other hand, the Gamellón washhouse is of more recent construction, and is located near the weaving mill. The water that came out of the washhouse was still reused to irrigate two small vegetable gardens.
It is covered with a single-pitched roof and closed on three sides. The date of its construction can be seen on a flat, vertical stone of the course that closes the washer on its open side. It indicates that it is from 1927.
It was also restored a few years ago and has panels that pay tribute to the hard-working women of Fortanete and the villages in general.