We do not know for sure the date of the first fortified construction of Miravete but we do have the document that informs of the reform carried out in the second half of the XVI century. In 1458, the entrance to the castle was built and paved. Later, two master stonemasons from Biscay arrived to make a stone portal in the house that was being built inside the castle in 1459. And finally, in 1461, the roof of a turret over the church of San Francisco was demolished. We cannot trace the remains of this church since there are no identified remains.
More information: Maestrazgo Virtual Museum